QORDS is able to exist because community members give their time and talents to support queer youth and families. We need you! QORDS currently operates out of Durham, Asheville, and Greensboro, North Carolina but we are open to expanding our fundraising and outreach efforts elsewhere. You can get involved with QORDS in a way that meets your talent and schedule. If you want to become a member of QORDS Core team, get in touch and we will send you a handout on the Team Membership experience requirements.
Here are some ways you can get involved.
Click on each one to learn more.
- Identify events QORDS could table at.
- Take a tabling shift at an event (hand out flyers and talk to folks).
- Ask QORDS to speak or facilitate a workshop at your organization/group.
- Sign up to volunteer at an event.
- You can also help facilitate a workshop (music or topic-focused) for a youth group.
- Flyer around town for our events or mail flyers to specific groups.
- Connect us with other community organizations you are part of!
- Translate our materials into Spanish.
- Transcribe our videos for closed captioning.
- Ask your favorite local business to host a 10% day for QORDS.
- Volunteer your band or solo act to perform at a benefit concert.
- Come up with your own fundraiser idea and share it with us!
- Be willing to host your own fundraiser party, however large or small.
- Secure resources for our fundraiser events such as donations of goods and services to use at the event or as prizes for fundraisers.
- Research grants that we could apply for.
- Donate your artwork or recorded music for us to use as prizes for fundraisers.
- Design flyers for our events.
- Assist us with t-shirt design.
- Burn new screens for us to use for new t-shirt printing.
- Take photos at events that we can use on our social media and flyers.
- Provide childcare for our events or meetings. Do craft activities, face painting, cooperative games, etc. (Must be willing for basic background check).
- Teach a workshop during the school year at a youth group.
- Develop a workshop curriculum and share it with us.
- Facilitate a workshop at camp! Please fill out a camp volunteer application to propose a workshop.
- You can come for a day to lead a workshop or activity.
- Apply to be with us all week long.
- Develop resource guide for queer and trans* youth and youth of queer and trans* parents that can be given out at camp.
- Develop educational and kid-friendly hand-out to explain the gender spectrum and varying preferred gender pronouns for community use.
- Perform or speak at a fundraiser.
- Tell your younger friends to come to camp!
- Co-facilitate a workshop at camp.
Email us at email@example.com for any volunteer interests.
Donate to QORDS
Donations like yours helps make QORDS summer camp possible.
Out of Stock